Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Lonley Walk Sometimes

Our walk with God can be lonely quite a bit, at least I feel that it is at times. Maybe this is because I stick to a simple schedule and try not to venture out of my sphere to often. By most people's standards I would say that I'm a pretty boring person. I build my relationships at home, workout, work, and pray, read, and study. That is my life in a nutshell.

I like keeping things simple, but I also long for some love and intentional interaction and dialogue. To find that I have to venture out of my sphere. The trick is to do so "in Christ", not compromising who I am. I love God with all my heart, and by faith, He is near and is always with me. I know that I'm not alone but sometimes it feels that way.
 
"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in His way. When He falls, he will not be hurled headlong, because the Lord is the One who holds his hand." -Proverbs 37:23-24

I like that, because it makes God personal. He orders every step, delights in my way, and holds my hand when I fall. I need but trust that He is with me always and step out with confidence. He will refine me, guide me, and nudge me along the right path as long as I continue to seek His will. Lord help me, continually seek Your will.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength and the hope of my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment